Spada/Raptor (Kyuranger): It Won't Last

 


"Even if I have to hide my tears with a smile, it won't last that long..." ~From the Korean song "I Can Live" by Kim Yeon Jun

XXXXXX

This wasn't normal at all. At least, Spada would like to think of it that way. Things had been a little rough for the entire team lately, especially with Naga being brainwashed and captured like that.

He had to pull himself together, at least he had to do so for everyone. Especially for Hammie who seemed to keep beating herself up and blaming herself as well for what happened. No one was at fault.

But could he really make himself believe that after all that had happened?

It was before Tsurugi's team headed out to travel time and go to the past. Spada was a part of that team. There were still a few things needed to be prepared before they set out on their journey. Lucky and the others were left in the present time to rescue Naga. He needed to remain optimistic if he wanted to let things work out the way they wanted it to.

And yet...

He put down the beater he was holding for quite a while now. What in the world was he trying to do now? He was supposed to be helping out with the preparation. But here he was, just... moping around in the kitchen.

In his special place...

"Spada..."

That call snapped him out of his musings and turned around to see who it was. But he was surprised to see Raptor entering the kitchen. Being an android that she was, there was no way he could tell what she was thinking. But if he was to base it on her movements, then...

"Raptor... What made you come here? Are the preparations done?" he asked as lightly as he could when he was okay.

But it seemed that the female android could even tell that he wasn't.

Raptor nodded slowly and continued approaching him. "All the necessary preparations are done. The commander just asked me to find you so that we could finally head out," she explained and stopped just a few feet away from Spada.

She was twiddling her fingers, one habit that he noticed she was doing when she was hesitating.

He sighed and pushed himself away from the sink and finally face Raptor fully. "Do you want to say something, Raptor?" This time, the tone on his voice was grave.

"Umm... Are you alright, Spada?" There wasn't a hint of hesitation on her voice at all when Raptor asked that. In fact, the most obvious one he noticed was worry.

He shook his head and removed his hat. "To be honest, Raptor, I don't know. Things has been a blur to me since Naga was taken by Akyanba like that. I don't even know what to think anymore."

And then Spada noticed something. Did he just blurt that out?

As for Raptor, it was quite hard for her to say anything that would comfort Spada. At that point, she couldn't help feeling how useless she was for not being able to do anything to help him at the very least. And to think Spada had done a lot to help her...

"I'm sorry..." was all she said, her tone was definitely sad.

Spada looked up and faced Raptor with a frown. "Why are you saying that?"

"I don't know what to do to help you... To make you feel better, at the very least..."

This time, he was the one who approached the android. He placed both his hands on her shoulders, which made Raptor face the chef.

"I didn't say that to make you feel this way. I just told the truth because... I felt comfortable telling everything I'm feeling at the moment. I don't even know why but... don't beat yourself up to it, okay?"

"But-"

"Besides, I'm just glad you're here to listen to that... even though I can't tell you everything right now since it all went too fast for me."

Raptor was just looking at him. He, too, remained looking at her.

"Thank you... for being here, Raptor," Spada said soon after. Before he could even stop himself, he embraced the android which earned him a yelp from her.

Yes, his actions were a bit surprising. But at the moment, he felt it was the best thing he could do.

For now, he would stay this way before they set out on an unpredictable journey. He'd worry about other things later.

XXXXXX

I haven't fully watched Kyuranger's 26th episode because of the feels. You know what I mean, right? It's enough that Hammie was beating herself up because of what happened. So I decided to write this for now. Probably not the best and not as romantic as I'd like to turn out to be, but I still hope you'll like this.

And in the end, I had to play "I Can Live" in repeat just to get through with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment