Yamato/Sela (Zyuohger): Start Over Just Once More


"I really wish I could take back everything and start over just once more..." ~Just Lose It (Hurts So Much), Pets Tseng

xxxxxx

Staring out of the window wouldn't help, but it had been Sela's habit for quite some time now. It was raining at the moment and the droplets seemed louder than ever as each of it fell to the roof and to the dry ground. Yes, she knew that doing this would never help her at all.

But it was just her way of reminiscing things. Of recalling moments that should've made her life a little meaningful than before.

And yet...

"How long are you going to keep sulking out here?"

She didn't need to turn around to know who it was. In fact, she had been aware of Yamato's presence as soon as he entered the room. Only she chose not to pay it any mind even as she heard him approaching.

"I'm not sulking. I'm just watching the rain," she replied almost flatly.

"And it's something that I've been aware of. But I'm worried about the fact that you're here and not playing outside to enjoy it. You're the one who loved water the mostーwhether it's something flowing on earth or falling from the sky."

This guy seemed to truly knew Sela well. She could've smiled at that but decided not to at the last minute.

"It's okay. I'm not even in the mood to play outside, anyway," she said and sighed after that. "Why are you here, anyway? I thought you were supposed to go outside and head to town today." Sela decided to change the topic before Yamato could even say something that would make her tell the truth. She didn't want to take that risk.

"I just saw you here and thought I'd ask you to go with me."

She frowned before facing Yamato. "What do you mean?"

"I can't exactly bear looking at you all alone here. That's why I came back in hopes of dragging you out here and making you accompany me."

Okay... This was truly surprising her. What was going on? "Yamato..."

"I can't think of any other way for me to recall those things about you and the others that I've forgotten. But I want to do something for that to happen. That is... if you'll let me."

Of course. How could she have forgotten what that Deathgalien did to Yamato 3 months ago that made him lose his memories? Everything about being a Zyuohger... meeting the Zyumans... meeting her...

Everything happened that night she discovered that he was supposed to confess his feelings to her...

...and that was what hurt her the most.

Since then, her mind couldn't stop thinking of what if's with regards to that. Of what will happen if Yamato had truly confessed to her that day...

Would she be like this? Staying in one corner and forgetting the world altogether? She was supposed to be stronger than that. But everything was a little different because of her grief, of her disappointments, of her regrets...

Slowly, before she could even stop herself, she smiled. What's done is done, as they say. They couldn't change what had happened, no matter what they try to do. But they could start over, create more memoriesーnew ones, at that.

Sela took a deep breath before smiling once more and stood up from where she was sitting. With that new resolve filling her head, she faced Yamato and soon approached him.

"Then... we'll start again. I'll help you remember those memories, if I could. But... if we can't, then... We'll just have to make new ones, those that could surpass the memories we made before. Will that be okay?"

Yamato's smile after she said those words turned everything bright for Sela. Before she could even stop herself, she took Yamato's hand and started dragging him out of the house.

"So we'll start today?" Yamato asked excitedly.

A nod coming from Sela was all they both needed to start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment