I Only Have Your Smile (An Edmund Pevensie Fanfiction)

I'll do what it takes to make you live your life happily because I only have your smile for me to keep in my heart...

xxxxxx

Probably not the best idea ever.

Or at least, I thought of it that way after doing that one last bit of magic needed just to make sure that Narnia's future and protection would be secured at the very least. My brother and I were the only ones who could do it.

"Are you sure about this?"

I nodded as I turned to face my brother before looking out towards the sun rising in the end, slowly making its warm rays spread all over the new Narnia.

The Narnia now free from Miraz's tyranny and the other Telmarines' grasp. A new king was crowned to make sure that kind of darkness would never surround that world again.

"Let's go. I think it's about time, anyway," I said as I left the tower where I remained standing at since dawn that I woke up.

But my brother's stern voice with the way he called my name halted me to a stop. I faced him with a frown moments later. "Is there something wrong?"

"Have you already talked to him?"

No words came out of my mouth. I knew what he was talking about. But for some reason, I couldn't think of anything to say as an answer.

How could I? Does my brother think it was that easy for me to talk to Edmund Pevensie-to someone I was about to say goodbye to and perhaps won't ever see again?

He didn't know that. Not at all.

"You still have a chance before Aslan call us to go to the courtyard. Don't waste it."

And with that, my brother left me standing there. Quite dumbfounded, to say the least. But not for long, for in my heart, I knew he was right.

A smile soon crossed my face before I could even stop it from appearing.

"You know, you really look beautiful when you're like that."

That voice froze me to the spot. I couldn't turn around even though I could already feel that he was about to approach me.

"You don't want to turn around and face me, do you?" Edmund said, more like a statement than a question.

My heart clenched at the disappointment and even pain I detected in his voice. Before I knew it, a tear fell and streak down my cheek. But why?

Even so, I slowly turned around to face the young king, done with my movements almost measured. I didn't bother wiping that tear because I knew another would soon fall after that.

"Not that I don't want to," I couldn't help saying in response. "I just don't know what to say to you after all that had happened."

"Does your choice still stands?" Edmund asked, which reminded me of our discussion the night before.

I nodded without hesitation. "It still stands. So I'm sorry if I'll remain disappointing you."

No words surrounded the both of us after I said all that. But to my surprise, he just smiled and approached me even closer until we were only inches apart from each other. Soon after, he took both of my hands and held it tight.

I couldn't help smiling when Edmund did that. Despite the tears threatening to fall, I faced this handsome young king without losing that smile on my face.

"Don't lose that smile on your face, okay? I'm not going to force you to go away with me, knowing that you still have a lot to do to the place where you need to be."

More than enough, it was those words that made me feel grateful for meeting Edmund here in Narnia. Despite the fact that we were about to go our own ways after this, this world had only allowed our fates and even our hearts to be bounded with a force strong enough to make us realize one thing.

"You won't forget me, right?" I couldn't help asking, my voice laced with insecurity and anxiety.

Edmund smiled as he held my hands tighter than before, bringing one of them close to his heart. "As long as you won't forget to smile, that's more than enough for me not to forget anything about you."

xxxxxx

So basically, this is my first Narnia fanfic ever and it features my second favorite Pevensie-Edmund. I thought of doing an imagine but I guess I still have to do some practice when it comes to writing something like that. And yes, as you might have noticed, the MC was nameless and written in her POV. So I think this one falls as an imagine? I'm not really sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment